What are Cookies?
Cookies can be Session Cookies or Persistent Cookies. Session cookies allow a website to link a user’s series of actions during one browser session, for example to remember the items you have added to your shopping basket. Session cookies expire after a browser session and are therefore not stored on your computer afterwards. Persistent cookies are stored on a user’s computer between browser sessions and can be used to record a user’s website preferences, such as language or font size.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can change your browser’s settings to prevent that if you wish. However, disabling cookies would prevent you from using some of our services.
Note that if you visit the site only to browse or learn more about our products, and not to purchase, we will not create a cookie.
The cookies used on our website are based on the International Chamber of Commerce guide for cookie categories:
1. Strictly Necessary
‘Strictly Necessary’ cookies let you move around the website and use essential features like secure areas and shopping baskets. These cookies don’t gather any information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you’ve been on the internet.
We use these Strictly Necessary cookies to…
- Remember things like information you’ve entered when ordering and when you navigate to different pages in a single web browser session
- Remember the products you ordered when you get to the checkout page
- Make sure you connect to the right service on our website when we make any changes to the way the website works
Cookies we have defined as ‘Strictly Necessary’ cookies will NOT be used to…
- Gather information that could be used to advertise products or services to you
- Remember your preferences or username beyond your current visit
Accepting these cookies is a condition of using the website, so if you prevent these cookies we can’t guarantee your security or predict how our website will perform during your visit.
‘Performance’ cookies collect information about how you use our website e.g. which pages you visit, and if you experience any errors. These cookies don’t collect any information that could identify you – all the information collected is anonymous and is only used to help us improve how our website works, understand what interests our users and measure how effective our advertising is.
We use performance cookies to…
- Provide statistics on how our website is used
- See how effective our adverts are (we don’t use this information to target adverts to you when you visit other websites)
- Help us improve the website by measuring any errors that occur
Cookies we have defined as ‘Performance’ cookies will NOT be used to…
- Gather information that could be used to advertise products or services to you on other websites
- Remember your preferences or username beyond your current visit
- Target adverts to you on any other website
In some cases, some of these cookies are managed for us by third parties, but we don’t allow the third party to use the cookies for any purpose other than those listed above.
‘Functionality’ cookies are used to provide services or to remember settings to improve your visit.
We use ‘Functionality’ cookies to…
- Remember settings you’ve applied such as layout, text size, preferences and colours
- Show you when you’re logged in to the website
Cookies defined as ‘Functionality’ will not be used to…
- Target you with adverts on other websites
Some of these cookies are managed for us by third parties – where this is the case we don’t allow the third party to use the cookies for any purpose other than those listed above.
You can control whether or not these cookies are used, but preventing them may mean we can’t offer you some services, and will reduce the support we can offer you.
‘Targeting’ cookies are linked to services provided by third parties, such as ‘Like’ buttons and ‘Share’ buttons. The third party provides these services in return for recognising that you have visited our website.
We use ‘Targeting’ cookies to…
- Link to social networks like Facebook, who may subsequently use information about your visit to target advertising to you on other websites
- Provide advertising agencies with information on your visit so that they can present you with adverts that you may be interested in.
You can control whether or not these cookies are used. All of these cookies are managed by third parties, and you may alternatively use the third parties’ own tools to prevent these cookies.
Cookies set by Third Party sites
We occasionally embed video content from websites such as YouTube. As a result, when you visit a page with content embedded from YouTube, you may be presented with cookies from these websites. Pharma Intelligence does not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the relevant third party website for more information about these.
A list of 3rd party cookies can be found below the list of Pharma Intelligence cookies.
List of Pharma Intelligence Cookies
Cookies provided by 3rd parties
|Google Analytics||Pharma Intelligence uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. Google Analytics sets a cookie in order to evaluate your use of our website. Google stores the information collected by the cookie on servers in the United States. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. How to reject or delete this cookiehttp://www.google.com/intl/en/privacypolicy.html|
Pharma Intelligence Sharing Tools
Pharma Intelligence website now carries embedded ‘share’ buttons to enable users of our website to easily share articles with their friends through a number of popular social networks. These sites may set a cookie when you are also logged in to their service. Pharma Intelligence does not control the dissemination of these cookies and you should check the relevant third party website for more information about these.
How to control and delete cookies
If you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set by http://pharmaintelligence.informa.com, you can do this through your browser settings. The Help function within your browser should tell you how. For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile phone you will need to refer to your handset manual.
Please be aware that restricting cookies may impact on the functionality of pharmastore.informa.com.