Big Pharma Outlook 2025
Publisher: Datamonitor Healthcare
Using in-house sales forecasts, this analysis explores and visualizes market dynamics in the Big Pharma peer set out to 2025. PharmaVitae casts its eye out to 2025 as crystallizing trends in healthcare management will influence Big Pharma to further position itself towards providing value. Big Pharma will add $39bn in revenues out to 2025, generating $464bn in prescription pharmaceuticals at a low single-digit compound annual growth rate of 0.9%. A healthy launch portfolio will bolster growth as Big Pharma reaps the reward of breakthrough products as the result of recent industry innovation. However, the low single-digit CAGR is representative of the overall drag that Big Pharma is facing. Three themes will shape the outlook: evolving business models, market access, and productivity.
Key questions answered
- Which will be the best performing companies out to 2025?
- Which companies will propel revenue growth over the forecast period?
- How will Big Pharma perform across the US, 5EU, Japan and RoW regions?
- Which companies will have leading market share gains and market share losses?
Therapy area analysis
- How are late-stage pipelines positioned and what are the most-coveted launch products?
- How many new blockbuster positions will Big Pharma carve out to 2025?
- Which therapy areas will experience the largest growth and decline?
- Where are companies building leadership positions in specific therapy areas?
- What are the detailed competitive dynamics at play in the oncology, metabolic and, infectious diseases markets?
- Will there be drastic shifts in the proportion of prescription drug revenue that is attributed to R&D?
- How is Big Pharma using M&A to propel strategic goals?
- What is the current status of biosimilar filings and how will they affect the performance of Big Pharma?
- What strategies have been key for the commercial success of products launched in the past few years?
- Big Pharma prescription drug sales are forecast to grow to $464bn by 2025 at a compound annual growth rate of 0.9%
- Number one company in 2025: Pfizer sustains top ranking in prescription drug sales out to 2025
- Most valuable product: Humira will continue to be the highest selling product in 2025 with global sales forecast at $11bn
- Most lucrative therapy area: Oncology will supplant metabolic in 2023 to become the most valuable therapy for Big Pharma
- Most valuable class: PD-1/PD-L1 inhibitors will continue to build momentum out to 2025
- Pipeline launch analysis: Big Pharma’s launch portfolio is set to add $134bn in revenues out to 2025
- Most valuable company pipeline: Gilead will add pipeline revenues of $19bn out to 2025.
- Most valuable pipeline products: Top 30 dominated by hepatitis C, oncology, and diabetes treatments
Table of Contents
About the PharmaVitae Team——————————————————————— 4
© Informa UK Ltd. This document is a licensed product and is not to be reproduced or redistributed
Do you have a subscription to Datamonitor Healthcare, Biomedtracker or Meddevicetracker? You may already have access to these reports, contact your account manager or email email@example.com for further help or assistance.