PharmaVitae explores GlaxoSmithKline’s prescription pharmaceutical performance and outlook over 2017–27. PharmaVitae analyses include quarterly earnings coverage and provide timely updates to company product forecasts.
Publisher: Datamonitor Healthcare
PharmaVitae explores GlaxoSmithKline’s prescription pharmaceutical performance and outlook over 2017–27. PharmaVitae analyses include quarterly earnings coverage and provide timely updates to company product forecasts. The full company profile encompasses analysis on corporate strategy, portfolio analysis, pipeline potential, and financial performance.
- Overview – GlaxoSmithKline’s sales will grow steadily in the long term due to new launches.
- Key themes –  HIV strategy is evolving due to competition – the company is focusing on its two-drug combinations such as Juluca  The company has placed its hopes on new launches Shingrix and Trelegy Ellipta  New CEO Emma Walmsley has initiated a cultural turnaround since taking charge in March 2017 in a bid to boost revenues and company value.
- Q2 2018 – GlaxoSmithKline records a strong quarter as HIV portfolio grows despite Gilead competition.
- Out to 2022 – The company will add $5.5bn out to 2022 as it successfully weathers imminent declines of Advair due to generic competition.
- Out to 2027 – Topline revenue will grow by $9.6bn.
- Pipeline – Highly dependent on successful uptake of two-drug regimens in HIV such as Juluca, cabotegravir/rilpivirine, and Tivicay/Epivir to drive growth.
- Lifecycle – GlaxoSmithKline’s core products will decline by $2.1bn, mostly due to erosion of Advair’s market position as a result of generic competition.
Explore and visualize revenue dynamics in GlaxoSmithKline’s portfolio out to 2027 using 10-year in-house sales forecasts segmented by the following sections.
- What were the major highlights from GlaxoSmithKline’s latest earnings call and quarterly performance?
- How is GlaxoSmithKline strategically poised out to 2027?
- What are GlaxoSmithKline’s key strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats?
- What are GlaxoSmithKline’s key catalysts over the next four quarters?
- Why will specific therapy areas experience the largest growth and decline?
- What are the detailed competitive dynamics at play in GlaxoSmithKline’s important therapeutic markets?
- How is GlaxoSmithKline adapting strategically to internal and external headwinds in preceding quarters?
Facts and figures
- What is GlaxoSmithKline’s forecasted sales performance out to 2027?
- What is the revenue trajectory of GlaxoSmithKline’s current top 10 products out to 2027?
- Which therapy areas will experience the largest growth and decline?
- What are the portfolio weightings of GlaxoSmithKline based on the lifecycle of its products?
Table of Contents
5 Analysis structure
7 Q2 2018 REVIEW
7 GlaxoSmithKline records a strong quarter as HIV portfolio grows despite Gilead competition
7 Prospects for two-drug HIV regimens
8 Upcoming catalysts
9 Q1 2018 REVIEW
9 GlaxoSmithKline records modest quarter with concerns for respiratory and HIV portfolios
9 HIV update
10 Capital allocation strategy
13 Q4 2017 REVIEW
13 GlaxoSmithKline set for gloomy 2018 as Advair generics loom
14 Comparisons between Biktarvy and Tivicay/Triumeq
14 Pipeline highlights
16 Q3 2017 REVIEW
16 What were the highlights from GlaxoSmithKline’s Q3 2017 earnings call?
16 Trelegy Ellipta and Shingrix are central to growth
16 Q3 regulatory updates
17 STRATEGY ANALYSIS
17 Strategic overview
18 GlaxoSmithKline’s SWOT analysis
19 GlaxoSmithKline’s key events and catalysts
21 PORTFOLIO ANALYSIS
23 Q2 2018
24 Q1 2018
25 Q4 2017
27 Q3 2017
31 FACTS AND FIGURES
31 GlaxoSmithKline’s prescription pharma sales outlook
31 GlaxoSmithKline’s regional sales outlook
33 GlaxoSmithKline’s therapy area dynamics
35 GlaxoSmithKline’s growth drivers and resistors
39 GlaxoSmithKline’s lifecycle analysis
41 GlaxoSmithKline’s pipeline analysis
43 GlaxoSmithKline’s M&A strategy and history
LIST OF FIGURES
31 Figure 1: GlaxoSmithKline’s prescription pharmaceutical sales ($m) and growth rate (%), 2014–27
33 Figure 2: GlaxoSmithKline’s therapy area dynamics, 2017–27
39 Figure 3: GlaxoSmithKline’s launch/core/expiry portfolio configuration, 2017–27
41 Figure 4: GlaxoSmithKline’s pipeline overview
LIST OF TABLES
11 Table 1: GlaxoSmithKline key product sales, Q1 2018
22 Table 2: GlaxoSmithKline’s sales by therapy area ($m), 2017–27
32 Table 3: GlaxoSmithKline’s prescription pharmaceutical sales by region ($m), 2017–27
34 Table 4: GlaxoSmithKline’s sales by therapy area ($m), 2017–27
36 Table 5: GlaxoSmithKline’s key products, 2017–27
40 Table 6: GlaxoSmithKline’s sales by launch, core, and expiry portfolio ($m), 2017–27
42 Table 7: GlaxoSmithKline’s launch portfolio sales, by product ($m), 2017–27
44 Table 8: GlaxoSmithKline’s key merger and acquisition deals, 2007–18
© Informa UK Ltd. This document is a licensed product and is not to be reproduced or redistributed
Do you have a subscription to Datamonitor Healthcare, Biomedtracker or Meddevicetracker? You may already have access to these reports, contact your account manager or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further help or assistance.