In 2015, the global point-of-care (POC) clinical diagnostic products market was valued at $14.7bn, comprising 28% of the total in vitro diagnostics (IVD) market. The market is projected to grow at a somewhat slower rate than the overall IVD device market, due mainly to a decline in the whole blood glucose self-testing segment, which comprises more than half of the POC diagnostics market. That trend is expected to gradually reverse, resulting in more rapid growth in the POC diagnostics market in the latter part of the forecast period. The market is forecast to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.4% over the 2015-20 interval, with year-on-year growth increasing to 3.7% by 2020. A number of segments of the POC diagnostics market are forecast to grow at rates well in excess of the total market, including segments such as critical care testing, rapid POC tests, POC cardiac markers, POC coagulation tests, and certain other segments such as POC glycated hemoglobin testing and POC molecular infectious disease testing.
Topics covered by this report include:
· POC diagnostic products used in the home, physician office lab, and alternative testing site environments
· global market forecasts for 2015 through 2020
· emerging POC diagnostic products in development
· global trends in the utilization of POC diagnostic products
· key market drivers and limiters
· estimated revenues and market shares for major competitors in the POC diagnostic products market.