Author: Zara Fulton
Publisher: Datamonitor Healthcare
PharmaVitae explores Pfizer’s prescription pharmaceutical performance and outlook over 2017–27. PharmaVitae analyses include quarterly earnings coverage and provide timely updates to company product forecasts. The full company profile encompasses analysis on corporate strategy, portfolio analysis, pipeline potential, and financial performance.
- Overview – Pfizer’s sales will decline owing to generic and biosimilar exposure as well as a modest launch portfolio.
- Key themes –  Pfizer’s prescription pharmaceutical sales will decline over the forecast period  Pfizer’s launch portfolio will counter generic erosion of its core and expiry products in the mid-term, but will not be strong enough to maintain growth out to 2027  Pfizer’s oncology portfolio is set to be the company’s main growth driver  Ibrance will take over Prevnar’s status as Pfizer’s highest-selling drug in 2020.
- Q2 2018 – Pfizer emphasizes near-term growth potential of late-stage pipeline as Ibrance falls short of consensus estimates.
- Out to 2022 – Topline revenue growth will stagnate out to 2022 at a CAGR of 0.2% as the company weathers generic exposure to historically lucrative brands.
- Out to 2027 – Topline revenue will decline by $1.7bn at a CAGR of -0.4% over the forecast period.
- Pipeline – Pfizer will see only $2.8bn in added sales from its launch portfolio.
- Lifecycle – Pfizer’s core and expiry portfolios will see $3.5bn and $1.9bn wiped off by 2027, respectively.
- Events – Xeljanz FDA-approved for ulcerative colitis; Xtandi FDA-approved for non-metastatic CRPC; Ibrance misses OS secondary endpoint in Phase III PALOMA-3 breast cancer trial; dacomitinib meets OS endpoint in Phase III ARCHER 1050 first-line NSCLC trial; tanezumab meets co-primary endpoints in Phase III OA trial; SPK-9001 for hemophilia B on track to begin Phase III development in 2018; topline Phase III results for Bavencio in second-line ovarian cancer expected in 2018.
- Dacomitinib sales added.
- Vyndaqel sales added.
- Xeljanz sales adjusted upwards.
Explore and visualize revenue dynamics in Pfizer’s portfolio out to 2027 using 10-year in-house sales forecasts segmented by the following sections.
- What were the major highlights from Pfizer’s latest earnings call and quarterly performance?
- How is Pfizer strategically poised out to 2027?
- What are Pfizer’s key strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats?
- What are Pfizer’s key catalysts during the current year?
- Why will specific therapy areas experience the largest growth and decline?
- What are the detailed competitive dynamics at play in Pfizer’s important therapeutic markets?
- How is Pfizer adapting strategically to internal and external headwinds in preceding quarters?
Facts and figures
- What is Pfizer’s forecasted sales performance out to 2027?
- What is the revenue trajectory of Pfizer’s current top 10 products out to 2027?
- Which therapy areas will experience the largest growth and decline?
- What are the portfolio weightings of Pfizer based on the lifecycle of its products?
6 Model updates
7 Analysis structure
8 Q2 2018 REVIEW
8 Pfizer emphasizes near-term growth potential of late-stage pipeline as Ibrance falls short of expectations
8 Late-stage development pipeline focus
9 Corporate update
9 Regulatory update
10 Clinical data update
13 Q1 2018 REVIEW
13 Pfizer focuses on internal pipeline in face of weaker sales
13 No big deals in 2018?
13 Oncology pipeline cuts
13 Ibrance bounces back ex-US
13 Rare diseases high on priority list
14 Corporate update
14 Regulatory update
14 Clinical data update
17 Q4 2017 REVIEW
17 Pfizer reports solid results as it guides 2018 tax reduction and revenue growth
17 What were the highlights from Pfizer’s Q4 2017 call?
17 2018 guidance and tax reform
17 M&A and industry consolidation
17 Ibrance update
18 Immuno-oncology development
18 Q4 2017 clinical update
20 Q3 2017 REVIEW
20 Pfizer reports solid sales as pressure mounts for large M&A deal
20 What is Pfizer’s attitude towards large M&A?
20 Growth drivers
21 Q3 2017 clinical update
21 Q3 2017 regulatory update
22 STRATEGY ANALYSIS
22 M&A frenzy of activity
22 Pfizer banked on biosimilars growth with Hospira buyout
22 Pfizer’s oncology portfolio is set to be the company’s main growth driver
22 The Prevnar franchise will slightly decline over the forecast period
22 Pfizer’s SWOT analysis
23 Pfizer’s key events and catalysts
26 PORTFOLIO ANALYSIS
29 Q2 2018: Ibrance faces a slowing market
30 Q1 2018: Pfizer’s collaboration with innovative biotech Spark Therapeutics is set to pay off
31 FACTS AND FIGURES
31 Pfizer’s prescription pharma sales outlook
31 Pfizer’s regional pharma sales outlook
33 Pfizer’s therapy area dynamics
41 Pfizer’s top 10 products over 2017–27
41 Pfizer’s growth drivers and resistors
46 Pfizer’s lifecycle analysis
48 Pfizer’s pipeline analysis
50 Pfizer’s M&A strategy and history
LIST OF FIGURES
31 Figure 1: Pfizer’s prescription pharmaceutical sales ($m) and growth rate (%), 2014–27
33 Figure 2: Pfizer’s therapy area dynamics, 2017–27
41 Figure 3: Pfizer’s current top 10 products sales ($m), 2017–27
46 Figure 4: Pfizer’s launch/core/expiry portfolio configuration, 2017–27
48 Figure 5: Pfizer’s pipeline overview
LIST OF TABLES
27 Table 1: Pfizer’s sales by therapy area ($m), 2017–27
32 Table 2: Pfizer’s prescription pharmaceutical sales by region ($m), 2017–27
34 Table 3: Pfizer’s sales by therapy area ($m), 2017–27
37 Table 4: Pfizer’s oncology portfolio sales, by product ($m), 2017–27
40 Table 5: Pfizer’s immunology and inflammation portfolio sales, by product ($m), 2017–27
41 Table 6: Pfizer’s infectious diseases portfolio sales, by product ($m), 2017–27
42 Table 7: Pfizer’s key products, 2017–27
47 Table 8: Pfizer’s sales by launch/core/expiry portfolio configuration ($m), 2017–27
49 Table 9: Pfizer’s launch portfolio sales, by product ($m), 2018–27
51 Table 10: Pfizer’s key merger and acquisition deals, 2000–18
© Informa UK Ltd. This document is a licensed product and is not to be reproduced or redistributed
Do you have a subscription to Datamonitor Healthcare, Biomedtracker or Meddevicetracker? You may already have access to these reports, contact your account manager or email email@example.com for further help or assistance.